Each species has a dedicated page on which you can find all sorts of information, in particular:
- a short presentation text to find out more about this species;
- this species' characteristics on HamsterStory;
- the standard capacity that rodents of this species have;
- coats available for this species;
- the best breeders of this species;
- the best breedings for this species;
- statistics about rodents of this species;
- some rodents of this species: the best rodents in terms of capacity, level, those that have received a progress star, those that are for sale...
A species' page also contains different community elements, in particular:
- players who like this species;
- groups that are talking about this species;
- discussions about this species on the forums.
The comparison between the capacity of the best rodents of a certain species and the species' standard capacity allows you to measure its progress: the wider the gap, the more advanced this species is in the game.
Some very wide progress gaps can exist between species, especially depending on the number of breeders who have rodents and breedings of this species.
Always show this help
The Viscacha is a rodent in the same family as the chinchilla. It is native to the Andes, which crosses the mountains of South America, and is found mainly in Argentina and Peru.
Viscachas have ears almost identical to those of the rabbit, and a tail similar to that of a squirrel’s.
There are several subspecies of Viscacha, including the Plains Viscacha and Mountain Viscacha. Some of them are hunted for their fur and their meat.